Treating Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease or COPD
The Premier Home Care Breathe Healthy Program is designed for people with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD). This program is beneficial for our current respiratory patients. Physicians may also want to utilize the program for newly diagnosed pulmonary patients in order to better assess their home care needs.
What is COPD?
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or COPD is a progressive condition that makes breathing harder and harder over time.
People with COPD have a decreased amount of air flowing in and out of their airways. This is caused by a variety of factors.
COPD Common Symptoms:
- Shortness of breath
- Increased heart rate
- Morning headaches
- Difficulty sleeping at night due to breathing problems
Breathe Healthy Program Components Include:
- Education on Disease Process, Prescribed Therapies/Medications and Equipment Management
- Home Visits by Licensed Healthcare Professional
- Assessment of Living Situations, Environment, etc.
- Respiratory Assessment with Oximetry Screening
- Follow-up Reporting to the Physician
Breathe Healthy Program Benefits Include:
- Improved Patient Compliance
- Reduction of Hospital Readmissions and Emergency Room Visits
- Increased Patient Self-Management of Disease Process
- Appropriate Assessment of Patient’s Functional Level, Exercise Needs and Improved Patient Quality of Life
- Increased Lines of Communication between Premier Home Care, Inc., the Patient, and the Physician
Featured Breathe Healthy Products:
If you are suffering from asthma and other breathing disorders, you may also benefit from Premier Home Care’s Breathe Healthy Program. We can also provide patients with quality breathe therapy products, such as nebulizers and portable oxygen tanks, for use during participation in the Breathe Healthy Program. Contact our headquarters in Louisville, Kentucky for more information on our program.