Heart Healthy Programs Offered by Premier
If a doctor tells a patient he has congestive heart failure (CHF), it does not mean his heart has stopped beating, or that he is about to die. CHF means that someone’s heart is not pumping as well as it should. As a result, the body’s needs for oxygen-rich blood (both during exercise and rest) are not fully met.
The Premier Home Care, Inc. Heart Healthy Program is designed for those individuals interested in learning about congestive heart failure treatment. It is targeted for the newly diagnosed CHF patient as a tool for early intervention and better compliance, or individuals with exacerbations of CHF due to non-compliance.
- Shortness of breath
- Swollen ankles and/or legs
- Loss of appetite
- Fluctuation of weight
Heart Healthy Program Components Include:
- Education on Disease Process, Prescribed Therapies/Medications and Equipment Management
- Patient Evaluation Performed by Licensed Healthcare Professional
- Assessment of Living Situations, Environment, etc.
- Cardiac Assessment with Oximetry Screening
- Follow-up Reporting to the Physician
Heart Healthy Program Benefits Include:
- Improved Patient Compliance
- Reduction of Hospital Readmissions and Emergency Room Visits
- Increased Patient Self-Management of Disease Process
- Appropriate Assessment of Patient’s Functional Level, Exercise Needs and Improved Patient Quality of Life
- Increased Lines of Communication between Premier Home Care, the Patient, and the Physician
Premier Home Care is dedicated to helping educate CHF sufferers on their condition and proper management. Contact our headquarters in Louisville, Kentucky for more information on our Congestive Heart Failure program.